Image Credits: Travels with Zen-Aida +
Plantscape - Interior Plant Service, Indoor Office Landscaping
The Benefits of Indoor Garden Living Spaces
I have rediscovered my love for plants, or shall I say, my passion for making my home and office overflow with plants.
They seem to be multiplying (each time I go to the local garden center some seems to find themselves in my cart on the way out); they are on desks, tables, window sills, hanging from the ceiling etc.
Frankly they are starting to be in the way of everyone, but somehow we all accommodate the plants. So they are shifted about a bit, the work space is adjusted, the mountain of paper is redistributed around the plants and what does it matter that the floor is being utilized to the maximum.
Everyone loves being around the plants, they bring life into the space, especially at this time of year. The cold, grey and dreary time, the winter time, the short day time. The blooming Christmas cactus is a real treat to look at. We like our medicinal Aloe Vera plant, we do not just have ornamental plants, such as our Revolutions Croton (love the decorative curly leaves).
So what you say, they have a lot of plants. Why write this in a post? Quite frankly, who cares?
We all should care. Studies have shown that plants are beneficial to our moods. There is even a term for this: the biophilia hypothesis. According to Wikipedia the hypothesis suggests that there is an instinctive bond between human beings and other living systems. Biophilia means the love of life or living systems and was popularized by Harvard University myrmecologist and conservationist E.O. Wilson.
The need for connections with living systems is deeply rooted in our nature. As we have lost the day to day interaction with plants (we spend most of our time in enclosed buildings), it is becoming very important that nature is brought back into buildings. We have a solution in our PeapodLife concept.
We have written several articles about the PeapodLife concept and how it is beneficial for the indoor environment and we would like to invite you to review previous articles:
- wobuilt.com/blog: Plants, People and Music Part 1: Listen for Life
- wobuilt.com/blog: Plants, People and Music Part 2: Plants Make Music?
- wobuilt.com/blog: Living with Plants inside an enclosed Ecosystem: Doctor Tested and Approved
- wobuilt.com/blog: The Next Big Thing in “Cleansing” ... Your House; House Plants
- wobuilt.com/blog: Plants, Water, Microwaves, and Wo-Built: Quality of Space = Better Quality of Life
- wobuilt.com/blog: Health and Wellness through Indoor Garden Living Spaces
- wobuilt.com/blog: Indoor Landscapes: Companies See the Light of a whole New Level of "wow, cool!"
- wobuilt.com/blog: Become a "Top Employer" – Install an Indoor Ecosystem!
Wo-Built Inc. - Innovative Design and Build